Sunday, 24 June 2012

Revlon Lip Butters



I have to admit that I can get a bit swept up in product hype sometimes and I had heard about the Revlon Lip Butter from other bloggers in the US and couldn't wait for them to be released here.

First of all the price - these are meant to be £7.99 but I got mine on an introductory offer of only £5.99! A bit steep for what is essentially a drug store coloured lip balm. Despite the price I decided that I wanted to see what all the hype was all about so I purchased just one, I didn't want to buy multiple shades only to find that I didn't like the product.

The shades - it comes in a variety of different shades one that will suit everyone's taste.

The packaging - the product comes in a silver bullet with a plastic top which actually is quite bulky but it didn't bother me that much. the bullet itself looks quite well made but the cap looks a bit cheap and I fear if it was just slung into a hand bag and got banged around too much it would crack and fall off.

The product - the product applies smoothly to the lips but the shade I have, 045 Cotton Candy, is very glittery so I wouldn't buy this if you were hoping to have a subtle colour to wear in the office. I know some of the other shades are also really sparkly so be careful to try them before you buy if this isn't for you. The formula is quite smooth but I haven't found it to be that moisturising on my super dry lips and sometimes can actually make them look worse. However the pigmentation is excellent and on some of the brighter colours I was really surprised how pigmented they were. Unfortunately I found that this product does not last that long, probably 20 minutes to half an hour. If I put it on before I drive to work it's normally gone by the time I get in the office which is a huge disappointment!


I love the colour lollipop but I'm not sure that I'm impressed enough with my current lip butter to go and spend more money on one!

I'm not saying this is a bad product but given the hype I really wanted to love this product and I just don't!

Hope you all had amazing weekends!

L x x x x



2 comments:

  1. I'm tempted by cotton candy, already got a few colours. Love these as a little bit of moisturising colour :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Belle! I do like the cotton candy colour!

      Delete