Thursday, 21 June 2012

Simple Flawless make up Katy Perry style

When I saw this stunning picture of Katy Perry on the cover of More magazine I instantly loved it. It's simple and clean looking, perfect for a casual night out with friends and the berry lips add a fun touch to the look.




I recreated this look using some of my favourite products.

Firstly I used a foundation a couple of shades lighter than my own as Katy is quite pale in this photo. I used Yves Saint Laurent Teint Radiance radiance enhancing flawless foundation in shade number 1. I buffed this into the skin really well using my Real Techniques buffing brush. I then used my touché éclat radiant touch concealer under my eyes to keep this look really fresh.

I applied some urban decay primer potion to my lids and then applied Sin which is a really pretty shimmery pink eyeshadow from the Urban Decay Naked palette all over the lid but not above the crease.

I then used my L'Oreal black Super Liner to apply a thin line to my upper lash line taking the liner right to the edge of the eye before creating a very small flick.

Katy's lashes are really long and defined without looking like false lashes so I used Yves Saint Laurent Faux Cils mascara for great length and definition.

Katy's eyebrows are dark and angular so I filled in my own brows with Mac's mystery eyeshadow and an angled brush.

I then powdered the skin as Katy's look is quite matte, before applying the smallest amount of Avon's Ideal luminous blush in peach. I don't think that these blushes have been released yet but believe this will be available very shortly from your Avon representatives.

Finally I coloured in my lips with Barry M lip pencil in number 2 and then layered it with Avon Anew lip plumping lip balm for a slightly glossy look.

I realise now that I've used an awful lot of Yves Saint Laurent products but you can use what ever you have to recreate this look.

If you would like a video tutorial of this look let me know!

Lauren xx



No comments:

Post a Comment