Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Can you buy a good foundation for £3???



I was in boots last weekend stocking up on some beauty essentials and having a nose around the new make up products and noticed that Collection 2000 have rereleased their Naturally Matt foundation which costs just £3!

Having been impressed by some of Collection 2000's products in the past I thought I would give this one a try and see if you really can get a decent foundation for less than £5.

First of all I bought shade no 2 blonde which I thought would be my colour and without any testers it was impossible to tell. When I got it home I couldn't get over how dark the colour was and was unsure as to whether I would be able to use it. You can see how dark it is below both in the tube and when blended into the skin.

However I was determined to try this and actually managed to make it work by ensuring it was well blended down my neck.

The formula is very thick and I applied it with my Real Techniques buffing brush to make sure it was buffed into the skin. It wasn't as matte as I was expecting/hoping so that was the first disappointment and secondly when applying my concealer I noticed, as I blended my concealer in, some of the foundation lifted from my skin into little bits which looked dirty. I did solve this by applying the concealer with a brush. This lifting of the product seems to stop once the foundation has dried and set on the skin.

Overall I'm not particularly excited by this foundation but it's not terrible. I was surprised, given that it's designed to be a matte foundation, and therefore more suitable for those with an oily skin, that it sat so well on my skin. Despite the issues above I have worn this foundation to work on several occasions now so I think that this will get used but it's certainly not something I would use on a client.

Given it's price I wasn't expecting too much but its definitely a usable product.

Hope you are all keeping well!!

L x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment