Saturday, 26 May 2012
Make up for a summer day
I was motivated to write this by the gorgeous weather we are having here in the uk for a change. I've been asked how to make your make up last when your on holiday or enjoying the odd rare warm day here in the uk, so here's my quick summer's day make up!
Picking the right products is key to avoiding the dreaded make up melt down!
Firstly I applied a very thin layer of garnier miracle skin perfector bb cream just to even out the skin tone. I then applied a concealer to any areas of the skin that needed it. I didn't want to go out with a full face of make up on but wanted the skin to look even.
On to the eyes I used benefit's creaseless shadow in birthday suit all over the lid and added a slick of Avon super shock gel eye liner in shimmering Safire. Both of these products have great staying power in the heat. I used the benefit shadow in Mexico and it held up great even with the humidity there. I then applied a good two coats of a good waterproof mascara such as the covergirl lash blast waterproof. In the uk this is made by max factor and is called false lash effect. In my opinion this is the best waterproof mascara I have used.
I then added a shimmery bronzer lightly across my cheek bones and the look is complete.
Finally I spritzed my make up with a setting spray, I used urban decay's All Nighter spray. This will help my make up stay in place even in the heat.
I'm off to enjoy the sun, have a great weekend everyone!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment