A few months ago when I was driving home and listening to Radio1 I heard Scott Mills talking about moving hair dressers and feeling like he'd cheated on his old one and was worried they would find out. This made me laugh but mainly because I'd never experienced that feeling myself having been going to my regular hair dresser for 8 years and knowing the owner since I was about 4!
Recently I was offered an amazing package at a local salon in Reigate which included a cut and blow dry, colour, conditioning treatment and blow dry and a "spa" style treatment of a back, neck and shoulder massage, a facial and a wash and blow dry for just £60. For me this deal was near impossible to resist and after some long deliberation I decided I was going to cheat on my hair dresser!! Well I wish I hadn't!
My first visit was for my hair cut and I walked into the salon at 515 on a Tuesday evening to find the salon with only one other client, seemed a bit strange to me as my normal hair dresser is normally very busy but I assumed it was just a quiet day! I was asked to be there 15 minutes before my appointment for my consultation and my leaflet stated that if I was not there this amount of time before my appointment I may have my appointment time cut short. This bemused me, if I'm expected to be there 15 minutes before each appointment for my consultation why not just build this into my slot?? I was introduced to my stylist who, within the first 2 minutes criticised me for colouring my own hair and letting it grow out and made it quite clear she didn't approve of the way my hair was cut despite the fact I loved the way it was cut last time. Not a good start and immensely unprofessional!
I've just come back from my second visit and feel as irritated as I did last time. I arrived ten minutes before my appointment (I blame the customer services director at work for me being late!) to a totally empty salon and was sat in a chair and told my stylist would be with me in 10 minutes, wait I was told to be here 15 mins before for my consultation and she won't be ready for 10 minutes??? 18 minutes later my stylist appeared, admittedly apologising for keeping me waiting but I do wonder why she was late given that the salon was empty!
After my hair colour was washed out, one of the trainees did a fantastic job of blow drying my hair, she was struggling with my fringe so asked my stylist to help who promptly talked to her like a piece of shit on her shoe followed by "darling" which she seemed to think made it ok. Yes I know this goes on at all sorts of salons but it doesn't happen at my normal salon and I think it's hugely unprofessional!
I still have to go back for my spa visit and my blow dry but I can't say I'm looking forward to it!
So having cheated on my hair dresser and initially being worried about her finding out you might wonder why I'm writing about this in such a public place well I think she should know I'm sorry and I won't be doing it again!! Lol
I usually go to Sue Jane Hairdressing in Horley, Surrey and I will never cheat on them again! Sue Jane did my hair for me at my wedding which looked amazing! I've attached a picture below and a link to their website!
http://www.suejane.com/intro.php
I love this salon, everyone is so friendly and accommodating and you always receive a great hair cut or colour!
So the moral of the story is, if you feel guilty about cheating on your hairdresser and you're happy with the service you are receiving don't go else where!
For those of you who were wondering if I did do anything drastic with my hair, I didn't! I was thinking about having it lighter but after considering the upkeep of highlights I decided to stick with the red!
Hope you all have had a great week so far and are looking forward to what looks be a warm weekend coming up!
Lauren x x x x x

No comments:
Post a Comment